- Students will evaluate the use of the three Fs in resumes.
- Students will name key components of a resume.
- Students will create a complete resume demonstrating their education, skills, and work experience.
This assignment is intended to introduce you to resumes and help you create your own.
You should read through this content thoroughly and complete each assignment at your own pace. These lessons should be completed in order, as each ends with a project that will guide you toward the final product.
When you’ve completed all three assignments, you should print each and submit them to the teacher. You can see an example of what an acceptable final submission looks like in the V: drive. (Intro to IT > Resumes > Submission Example > Final Submission.PDF)
- Microsoft Word and/or PowerPoint
- Sample resumes, worksheet
- Resume graphic organizer
- Example final submission
All necessary files can be found in the V: drive. You should open Intro to IT > Resumes now to become familiar with those contents.
Each section below will follow the same flow of information. Since this project is self-paced, reading carefully and attention to detail is important.
- Objective: will tell you why the current section exists and what you should know and complete by the end of it.
- Content: briefly covers the information necessary to help you complete each section and their projects.
- Project: describes what you should do at the end of the section to demonstrate your mastery of the material.
Part One: Introduction
- Introduction to Resumes
- The Three Fs of Resumes
- Project: Worksheet
Part Two: Anatomy
- Project: Examples
Part Three: Creation
- Know Yourself
- Know Your Audience
- Project: Resume